Last Updated: April 27, 2023
1. Purposes of Processing
What is personal information?
As used in this Policy, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. This includes various categories of information about you, including, but not limited to, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, IP address, location data, professional or employment-related information, education information, preferences, and characteristics.
Why do we need your personal information?
We need certain personal information in order to provide you with access to the Site and provide services through the Site. We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. When you submit information to or through the Site, you consent to the collection, processing, and retention of your personal information as described in this Policy. If you do not agree to our use of your personal information in accordance with this Policy, please do not use our Site.
2. Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. This includes:
- information you provide when you submit an application on our Site, including your name, zip code, email address, telephone number, profession, specialty, referral information, job preferences, and resumé;
- information you provide when you interact with us via our Site’s live chat feature;
- information you provide when you report a problem with our Site or when we provide you with customer support;
- information you provide when you request nursing services through our Site, including your name, email address, telephone number, the nursing services of interest to you, and any additional information you may provide;
- information you provide when you search for jobs or sign up for a career consultation on our Site, including your name, email address, telephone number, job preference, current city and state, profession, and information about your values, preferences, and personality;
- information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter, including your email address; and
- information you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information from Social Networking Sites. Our Site include interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each a “SNS”). If you connect to a SNS through our Site, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
Information Automatically Collected. We and our service providers automatically collect information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and other information about your use of and actions on our Site.
We collect this information about you using browser navigational tools, cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by third parties on our Site, and can be used by such third parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Site and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided. We only use these cookies to provide you with those services|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make when you use our Site, such as remembering your login details. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your login or other information every time you visit our Site.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en . If you would like to opt-out of having your personal information used by Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site, please use the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB. Please note that we make no representations regarding the functionality of Google opt-out mechanisms. Further, opting out of Google Analytics will not preclude the use of your personal information by other analytics services that we may use.|
|Targeted and advertising cookies||These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising that is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show advertisements they think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third-party websites.|
|Social Media Cookies||These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network may record that you have done this.|
You can typically accept or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site. If you do not disable cookies and continue to use our Site, we will infer your consent to their use.
4. Using Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services, including engaging in communications, services, advertising, marketing activities, and data analysis; auditing and assessing quality and safety; monitoring and preventing fraud, infringement, and other potential misuse of the Services; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; improving our services and technology; and operating and expanding our business activities;
- to process, complete and fulfill your requested transactions, or provide our services;
- to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account on our Site;
- to understand how you and other users interact with our online services through our Site, using online tools such as Google Analytics;
- to better understand our audiences, evaluate user interest in the Services, and perform other market research activities;
- to operate our referral program;
- to respond to your comments and questions, provide customer service, verify information provided to us, and determine eligibility for our services;
- to send you information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to send you marketing emails and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all such marketing emails;
- as necessary or appropriate under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to meet legal and regulatory requirements, and comply with legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities, including those outside your country of residence; enforce our Terms and Conditions; protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, and protect against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities.
We may also use information about you or use suggestions, comments, and ideas that do not personally identify you for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. We may combine, aggregate or de-identify any of the information we collect from you with information we may collect from or about you from any other online or offline source and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities.
5. Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes. We may disclose your personal information as described in this Policy or in any other applicable privacy notices or opt-ins that you may receive:
- At your direction. We may disclose your personal information to third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to our third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services. We grant our service providers access to personal information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions, and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Business Transfers or Assignments. If we decide to reorganize or divest part or all of our business or a line of our business, including our information databases and websites, through a merger, sale, joint venture or collaboration, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users or offline to a third party. We will disclose your personal information to such company (without your consent or any further notice to you). In such circumstances, we will seek written assurances that your personal information submitted through our Site will be protected consistent with this Policy.
- Other Third Parties. We may disclose personal information with third parties, such as information shared when you use interactive features. In addition, cookies, pixels, web server data, and other technologies may involve disclosure of information to third parties.
- Legal and Regulatory. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with a regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, government request, or legal process served on us, or to protect the safety, rights, or property of our customers, the public, us, or others. We have no obligation to notify you of such disclosures, except as required by applicable law.
We may disclose information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
6. Third Party Sites
Our Site may contain links to third party websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies when you visit their websites.
7. International Data Transfers
This website is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored in and processed outside the country in which you reside, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as the one in which you reside. By accepting this Policy, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy regardless of where your personal information is stored or accessed. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information treat such information securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at the contact information provided below.
9. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long reasonably required for you to use the Site, for us to provide services you request to you, or until you close your account/cancel your subscription unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
10. Children’s Privacy
This Site and any accompanying services offered are not directed at children who are under 13 years of age. It is our policy to require that individuals requesting information on our services be 13 years of age or older. If a parent or guardian believes or becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the contact information provided below. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
11. Your Rights
You may contact us to update or correct your personal information and your preferences provided to us through the Site, or opt out of receiving mailings or other communications in which you previously chose to participate. Different programs and services may offer different phone numbers, links or preference managers that allow you to inform us of your updates and choices, including opting out of particular communications. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have difficulty finding these tools or otherwise updating your data or preferences. We may need to retain certain personal information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving such emails by following the “Unsubscribe” directions on the emails.
For information relating to residents of California, Nevada or Texas, please see below.
Our websites do not currently respond to web browser "Do Not Track" signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across websites or other online services.
12. Contacting Us
If you have any questions, comments, requests, or concerns related to this Policy, our information practices, or how to access this Policy in another format, please contact us in writing at email@example.com or 23330 W. Esplanade Avenue, Suite 505, Metairie, LA 70002.
13. Additional State Privacy Notices for United States Residents
Some states (including California and Nevada), have state specific rights for their residents. Scroll down to learn more about those state specific rights.
A. Privacy Notice for California Residents
This notice describes our practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure and sale of personal information and provides instructions for submitting data privacy requests.
California Residents Under Age 18: If you are a resident of California under the age of 18 and a registered user of our services, you may ask us to remove content or data that you have posted to the Site by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or data, as, for example, some of your content or data may have been reposted by another user.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice for California Residents
If you are a California resident, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), we provide the following details regarding the categories of personal information about you (excluding business-to-business data) that we may have collected or disclosed within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers, such as name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name;
- Other identifiers, such as phone number;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age and gender;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our websites;
- Geolocation data, such as device location;
- Audio information, such as call recordings when you contact customer service representatives;
- Professional or employment-related information of healthcare professionals, such as work history, current and prior employer, affiliated organizations, and other information provided on individual resumés or other employment documents;
- Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, such as student records; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We collect this personal information directly from California residents, as well as from joint marketing partners, public databases, providers of demographic data, publications, professional organizations, social media platforms, people with whom you are connected on social media platforms, companies and other third parties that help us screen and onboard individuals for hiring purposes, and other third parties when they share the information with us.
We may have disclosed this personal information to our affiliates and trusted third parties, such as our service providers, for our business operational purposes. We may use this personal information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, for our employment purposes, and to otherwise accomplish our business purposes and objectives. Our business purposes and objectives include, for example, developing, improving, repairing, and maintaining our products and services; personalizing, advertising, and marketing our products and services; conducting research, analytics, and data analysis; maintaining our facilities and infrastructure; undertaking quality and safety assurance measures; conducting risk and security controls and monitoring; detecting and preventing fraud; performing identity verification; performing accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations; complying with law, legal process, and internal policies; maintaining records; and exercising and defending legal claims.
We have not sold personal information about California residents. For purposes of the CCPA, “sold” or “sale” means the disclosure of personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
As a California resident, you have the following rights regarding our collection and use of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Know: You may request that we provide you with the following information about how we have handled your personal information in the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you; and
- The categories of personal information about you that we shared or disclosed and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or disclosed such personal information.
Right to Copy: You may request that we provide you with a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months and to have this delivered to you either by mail or electronically.
Right to Deletion: You may request that we delete any personal information about you we that we collected from you.
Submitting Data Privacy Requests: You may submit a request for the disclosure or deletion of personal information we have collected about you by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 888-566-8773.
- We may ask you to provide information that will enable us to verify your identity. In some instances, we may decline to honor your request if an exception applies, such as when the disclosure of personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another California resident. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. For example, we will not deny goods or services to you, or charge you different prices or rates, or provide a different level of quality for products or services as a result of you exercising your rights under the CCPA.
B. Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents
We do not sell Covered Information as defined under Nevada law, and we generally do not disclose or share personal information for commercial purposes. Under Nevada law, you have the right to direct us to not sell or license your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, if applicable, you or your authorized representative may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an online request.